• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert dosing when away

Hi all,

I'm going away for a couple of days, and again in September for about 1 week. With ferts that are designed to be dosed daily, can you just do x-times the dose for the number of days you're away for? I know some ferts are designed for weekly dosing, so is it safe to just adjust my daily dose based on the length of time I'm away?

Many tthanks,

Chris

I usually have someone who comes over to dose the tank and feed the fish daily (they also feed the cat). I don't think you would have a problem dosing it all at the start of the week, I know many people who do it.

I have dosed at the start a but more than half the required amount for the whole week and reduced the photoperiod by half for the period also. I think this is what GF does too - seems to work quite well for a week/ 10 days.

I am a strong proponent of auto dosing, even when I am home. This way, plants get exactly the same dose daily and they love it. It's convenient for me because I mix the ferts into my top up resevoir etc.

Jebao doser FTW!

I am a strong proponent of auto dosing

This is something I'd like to do in the future but at the moment I can' justify spending the money on an auto dosing set up. I think I'll have to just dose for the week unless I know my house mate will be in.

and reduced the photoperiod by half for the period also

Is it ok to do this even if it means the plants won't get the minimum 6 hours?

I used the Dennerle dosator with NPK booster in one of my tanks when away for 10 days, seemed to work OK. Dropped in micro's as well before leaving.

Back