• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback wanted: Alternan. Versicolor & Littorella Uniflora

niru

I saw "Littorella Uniflora" and "Alternanthera Versicolor Red" in my local LFS. Havent found much info on them on google. Anyone tried these and feedbacks?

The littorella looks like a small grass version, and google says its slow to grow, might be difficult.. but no idea of any parameters, light, habitat, growing modes, etc..

A. Versicolor Red looks similar to A Rein. "mini", but looks even smaller.. was wondering if it can be used in making red steps of 3 Alternanthera: versicolor (foreground), mini (mid) & Reineckii (mid-back)... Is versicolor similar in demands to Reineckii (which has been difficult for me), or the much easier "mini" variety.

Many thanks for any inputs.. Will decide to buy or not based on recommendations here...

cheers
niru

Re: Feedback wanted: Alternan. Versicolor & Littorella Unifl

Hi all,
Littorella is another rare British native, I've seen it growing in the marl of the "draw down" zones of the turloughs in W. Ireland. It is another "grassy" looking plant, although it grows as more of a rosette. It must spend long time periods immersed as some years the water doesn't go down in the turloughs at all.

Details here: <http://www.habitas.org.uk/flora/species.asp?item=4280>

cheers Darrel

Back