• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Favourite Drop Checker for Nano fish

I have the traditional shaped "tear drop" drop checkers on my Trigon and nano tanks and never had any bother (except distinguishing the colour of the solution). Except now I've just fished one of my pseudogumil iluminatus (red neon rainbow) from the nano sized drop checker and could've only happened in the last couple of hours. I'd read recently (don't know where) about a similar thing happening to someone else.

So what's everyone's go to drop checker? One with a white section would be superb as I can never tell what colour it is unless I shine my bike torch with a white plant (garden) label behind.

I've seen Cal Aqua but 1) they're far too expensive for my budget 2) don't have a UK supplier even if I did have a financial windfall.

Any suggestions please?

Hey Cazza-It felt wrong liking your post but wanted to acknowledge and say I feel your pain. It's a pish thing to happen.

FrozenShivers - been trying to find Viv Aqua but being directed to a HK (Hong Kong?) website. Where did you find yours?

Aquasabi do sell these narrow hang-on drop checkers, that hang on the edge of the tank, with the indicator out of the water. That might be solution for the bycatch and the colour problem?

The humble JBL checker has a white background making for easy colour distinction, I personally wouldn't bother using their stickers, indicator solution and varying dKH method of calculation but I would imagine you already have 4dKH solution left over from your 'tear drop' checker. JBL CO2-pH Permanent Test not too expensive either ProAquaTest CO2 Plus PH Permanent Water Test Kit although there will be 4 quid postage on top of that.

FrozenShivers - been trying to find Viv Aqua but being directed to a HK (Hong Kong?) website. Where did you find yours?

Straight from Aliexpress, I have some of their tools also, for the money I've found them very good. I can take photo's of drop checker compared to normal sized one when I get home today!

Thought I'd sent a reply, thank you for your suggestions folks.

Keep forgetting to check AliExpress but yeah please FS always enjoy nosing at other people's tanks/set ups.

Thought I'd sent a reply, thank you for your suggestions folks.

Keep forgetting to check AliExpress but yeah please FS always enjoy nosing at other people's tanks/set ups.
Viv Aqua one compared to CO2Art, much smaller, I'm using them in my 60 Shallow all the way through to my 90cm tank as I think they look much neater due their size :)

Attachments

• IMG_9429.jpeg
    IMG_9429.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Back