• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Fairytale" the death and the birth of " Fairytale"2

clone

Hi, I was in doubt if I will create a journat about this tank, but there we go. My old skape was kind of exsausted and I was bored out of it, so decide to put together a new one.
The specs:
Tank: Mini L
Light: Full spectrum DIY LED
Hardskape: Baltic Rock, Pebbles, Volcanic rock, Mekong sand, Manzinita wood
Substrate: Amazonia+ ADA adittives+fert capsules
Filter: Fluval 205
Lilly Pipes: TMC Aqua Gro
CO2: Pressurised Bottle and internal diffuser
Dropcheck: Call Aqua Nano
Heater: Hydor 200W in-line
IMG_0843.JPG

The idea is to be full of colours tank plenty of mosses and probably blue, orange or red sakura shrimp. I still dont know if the black pebbles are out of place but I dont have smaller pieces of the baltic rock.
IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0834.JPG

Any thoughts /Criticism will be highly apriciated. Thanks for Watching.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Looks great, what's the small 'cress' like plant in front of the rock work in the middle picture above? :)
Marsilea Hirsuta it is a type of fern I think :)
Nice one mate....although I think you could do with a little less wood in the middle of the sandy area (stick them behind the big rock on the right upwards) and I would loose the pebbles.
I am not sure yet if will remove wood cause gives impression of drifted by the river...you know and will be shrimp playground....the pebbles look ot of that skape unless I dont wrap them in some moss.:rolleyes:

This is a beautiful tank. Are the TMC Aqua Gro lily pipes made of acrylic? I remember reading about them on ukaps some time ago but coudn't find any in my lfs. May I ask where did you get them?

This is a beautiful tank. Are the TMC Aqua Gro lily pipes made of acrylic? I remember reading about them on ukaps some time ago but coudn't find any in my lfs. May I ask where did you get them?
These are glass pipes but I think thyey have aryli as well. Glass are very hard and not easy to break made of quality glass and thik wall as well. Bought them from Aquati design centre london.

This is lovely nikolas, I think the pebbles add a lot to the scape, maybe the one on the front left is a little large or it could be the lava rock just behind distracting, other than that this is superb.

Its the bug pebble I agree.

Beutiful set up

Hi, it is been awhile i did not post . I moved to a new house and the tank did not survive, tried to move it with the actual skape but empty of water ...still decide to reskape. The new skape makes me happier cause will use some awesome stones I found myself in the Nature and the same wood but in different position....the photos speak themselves:)
IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

And that is my little side project made from some spare plants....:p
IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

Hope you enjoyed it.......:)

Nice one Nikolas. You found those stones? The colour looks excellent, it should be really nice when it's flooded.

Hi, its been a while I did not post. I have been on holiday in Krete and when come back decide ti reskape. No name for the new skape...might be Fairytale 3, but....
I gom for wood only skape....so far so good for five days no sign of ammonia and algae lets see up to second week. I dose micros and P only just to boost the cycle of the ammonia. Here are some pics what do u think.
IMG_2074.JPG
IMG_2073.JPG

Thanks martin. I am looking for mini java fern or some bolbitis just to get those amano style look of that tank. Any other suggestions for plants I can attach to wood
Thanks

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

Hi, this what my tank turn into:) after some H2O2 treatment ......
IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

Very wild and messy ...but i like it ...I left the plants to grow and trim just the longest stems. The light is on full blast 10h a day, ferts are close to EI dosing, algae is minimal just some GDA on the glass.
And my other passion. My first time Iwagumi skape ....well a try for iwagumi:)
IMG_2413.JPG

Thanks for watching:wave:

Back