• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eye disease - please help ID

Hi I have a planted aquarium with shrimp, 10 chilli rasbora and 6 cardinal tetra. Two of the tetra have a white parasite / spot on each eye. Please help me ID and if possible best remedy. Obviously I know what white spot is and usually this would affect all fish and be all their bodies. This is different I think.

Attachments

• IMG_FBFFE3A2B881-1.jpeg
    IMG_FBFFE3A2B881-1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 84
If it is a parasite then possibly check out Digenean trematodes (e.g. Diplostomum) and parasitic copepods (e.g. Lernaea).
Other possibilities include damage caused by chemicals, bacterial (e.g. streptococcus) or fungal infection, and congenital deformity.
Many aquarium fish shops employ a vet who will collect frozen samples of fish with parasites every couple of months. My old LFS (in Bicester) said were that they would be incredibly grateful if customers could let them know as soon as they discover anything and bring it back.

Last edited:
Back