• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

external help please

Deansie

Hello, I've got a aquaone aquanano 40 cube aquarium that has the rear of the tank as built in filter chambers. I want to remove these chambers, open up the tank to reveal the glass back and get an external and eventual have Lilly pipes etc. I've been reading liaison the different filters and want a Fluval or eheim. The problem I have is I'm not sure on the model to get, I'd like enough power in the outlet so I don't need to use a additional power head. Eheim ecco pro 200 or Fluval 206? Would these be to powerful for a 55 litre cube?many thanks for your help!!!

I would agree with Smells Fishy. 10x flow rule already accounts for non-real flow. So 106 would be OK as it is rated at 550 lph or the Eco Pro 130 (500 lph). If money is not an issue, go for the 200 (600 lph). Better too much than too little. There are always ways to decrease flow, but much less to increase it.

Cheers

Pedro

Back