• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Experianced Zebra plec Keepers

Nick16

Hi,

I have grown bored of my planted tank and fancy a change in scene. Having kept a wide variety of freshwater fish and inverts over the years i fancy a new challenge.
Before i sell all my gear and leave the hobby, i would like to keep L046 as one last hurrah!
I believe my current tank and equipment should be ideal for the plecs, but would like to gather as much information from experienced keepers - if there are any on here.

I have kept Crystal red shrimp successfully using RO water, so i am no stranger to keeping fish with a low tolerance of water parameter swings.

Should i be using a substrate? ideally i would like to keep it simple, with a thin layer of sand or fine gravel to allow them to snuffle through, but something i can siphon out and replace as and when.

Is there anything else i can keep with them? - I would like to keep them on their own to allow them to be comfortable, but a few members of a clean up crew could be beneficial? Water parameters permitting.

Any information that you can impart would be excellent, while i read up online too.

Tank: Optiwhite Rimless 60x45x45
Light: - chirios Aquasky (adjustable)
Filter: Ex1200 (well cycled)
RO unit
Variety of woods.

Regards,

Back