• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Excel and BBA

Jaap

Hello,

I have some BBA on a few rocks and a few Stayrogyne Repens leaves. The BBA was caused by a few days of unstable CO2 which was my fault and now this has been resolved.

Is it ok to add Excel directly on plant's leaved with a syringe or will this burn the leaves of the plants as well?

Do Otos eat BBA?

If the CO2 was unstable and now its stable will the BBA go away on its own?

Thanks

Hello,

I have some BBA on a few rocks and a few Stayrogyne Repens leaves. The BBA was caused by a few days of unstable CO2 which was my fault and now this has been resolved.

Is it ok to add Excel directly on plant's leaved with a syringe or will this burn the leaves of the plants as well?

Do Otos eat BBA?

If the CO2 was unstable and now its stable will the BBA go away on its own?

Thanks
Hi Jaap

BBA won't disappear even if everything is right now. You have to get rid of every stem or leave with algae. Otos IMO won't so this job, at least mine prefer other kind of algae and only prevent their growth on their initial stage but are not interested on developed ones (the same with Amano and cherries). You can use the excel syringe method on non living things (wood, rocks, etc.) but you will burn the leaves if you try to do this, even the thicker ones such as Anubias.

Jordi

I hear that SAE wat BBA then engine ones that is. I'm looking out for one but due to the size they grow you will need a large aquarium (150lt min.) and with a cover as they are jumpers!

Back