• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Evolution Aqua Complete Liquid Plant Food

Would I be correct in assuming this plant food is shrimp and snail safe?

Hi Gaina. I have been using since it first can out all those months ago. I have cherry and Amano Shrimp in all three tanks and snails in my large tank and they all are doing fine. I also seem to recall George Famer using it in a tank with CRS and they were doing fine, so I’d say it’s ok.

Hi Gaina. I have been using since it first can out all those months ago. I have cherry and Amano Shrimp in all three tanks and snails in my large tank and they all are doing fine. I also seem to recall George Famer using it in a tank with CRS and they were doing fine, so I’d say it’s ok.
Thank you, in that case I'll get some with my next order. :thumbup:

Was going to buy this but how expensive is it dosing daily? Can you not just make up a huge batch with dry EI and save a load?

I have a 400 litre tank to dose, so need a more economical solution here, do they have 5L 10L options.

Buy the all in one salts and mix them yourself bud. Takes minutes. Or use the macro micros as others are and dose alternate days.

The latter is working for me, and you can mix up a large barrel of it and use an auto doser too for such a large tank.

Also I could be wrong but I’d imagine in such a large dose depending how heavily planted the tank you could likely get away with the absolute minimal recommended EI and try that first, I know it’s relative to water vol but like you said it’s the cost of the ferts too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the all in one salts and mix them yourself bud. Takes minutes. Or use the macro micros as others are and dose alternate days.

The latter is working for me, and you can mix up a large barrel of it and use an auto doser too for such a large tank.

Also I could be wrong but I’d imagine in such a large dose depending how heavily planted the tank you could likely get away with the absolute minimal recommended EI and try that first, I know it’s relative to water vol but like you said it’s the cost of the ferts too!

I'm using the self mix ferts via an auto doser, however I'm running half dose every 12 hours as I can't select a specific day on my unit just yet (awaiting app update from Coral Box), however since swapping over the plants are growing well, but I do have some brown algae starting, so wondered if there was too much or too little going in. the tank also has 2 water changes a day at 12:00 and 18:00 so I know some will be diluted a touch.

Symptoms of too much light for a not quite matured tank. Reduce lighting levels for a while, or get some Otto's to scoff it. :)

I have the same problem but it looks more like leaf edge burn than brown algae, or a combo of both. Turned lights down but still noticing it appearing on leaves.

Back