• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Espei Rasbora

Rasbo

If you have ever seen these for sale in the shop and passed them over think again. Just look at these (very poor shots) to see how they colour up. Please ignore the state of the plants, ravaged by snails and limited by a single tube - I have joined to learn how to improve this.

Tank info 140 lt 3ft second hand Seabray ph 7.4 tds 333 planted 2yrs ago.
DSCN1010_zps14332481.jpg
DSCN0997_zps730bd438.jpg
Fish
Yunnanilus Cruciatus
Rasbora Borapetensis
Trigonostigma Espei
Brevibora Dorsiocellata
Bororas Uraphthalmoides
Corydoras Pygmaeus
Nannostomus Beckfordi
Aplocheilichthys Normani
Paracheirodon Simulans
Rasbora Einthovenii
Otocinclus
Danio Margaritatus
Microrasbora Kubotai

Are Espei Rasboras known to jump from open top aquariums?
Out of 20 I had 2 make the leap of faith in the first day or 2 when first introduced. They were young, straight from the shop and spent the first few weeks (apart from feeding time) surfing the front glass where in the that first 5mm the flow from the lily pipe is deflected and is at it highest.
However they slowly chilled out and now at 2 years old just loll around mid water looking great.
I obviously can only speak of my own experience though.
Cheers!

Out of 20 I had 2 make the leap of faith in the first day or 2 when first introduced. They were young, straight from the shop and spent the first few weeks (apart from feeding time) surfing the front glass where in the that first 5mm the flow from the lily pipe is deflected and is at it highest.
However they slowly chilled out and now at 2 years old just loll around mid water looking great.
I obviously can only speak of my own experience though.
Cheers!
How do you find their schooling behaviour? Are they shy? I'd be looking to order 20. I've got until the 6th of April to place my order so just trying to do as much research as possible.

They are not shy, even with kids in front of the glass. Open tank, no losses for 2 years now, like @bazz, only 2 in the first week, so should habe lowered waterline a bit…
I stocked up from 20 to 30 yesterday, so the new young dudes still a bit pale
12C338FE-43A6-4017-BAA5-F15AAA5DBF40.jpeg

Usually they colour up from transport 30 -60 minutes after they are put in their new home, but i found that i got 2 different types of espei from the same vendor, with different strength of colour.
first i thought he sold me hengeli, harlekin or heteromorpha or they might be sick, but seems they are from diffrent breeders.
5A08E720-A2DF-4D4E-8342-9360590DA8E0.jpeg

Back