• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emo

aliclarke86

With an open mind and open heart I put it out hear. Does any one listen to emo/scremo/punk/diy (maybe even grind? Not getting my hopes up here)? I'm talking mid to late 90's influenced not this piffle that is thrown around nowadays as emo. I'm not naming any names here just sticking my head out in hopes of some kindred spirits with musical tastes in the same vein as mine may pop up.

There are a lot of underground diy punk bands keeping this alive and a very good scene in London and euroup.

Cheers guys

Ali

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I like post-punk, punk rock, ska ect. Some of my favourite bands at the moment are the Lawrence Arms, Cobra Skulls, Against Me!, Hot Water Music, the Bronx and Ska-P, LaGrecia, Bayside and Jets to Brazil. I don't know what grind is (feeling silly, should I?) I don't know any UK bands really as I have been living in the sticks for too long and haven't had much chance to see new bands. With the exception of Torche and Fat Goth but I wouldn't call either of them punk or indeed Torche local.

I'm not so keen on thrash, street punk, or a lot of screamo it' a little abrasive for me. I have an irrational hatred of Finch for reasons I can't place (on paper I should like them!) So do you dare to name bands now? Can you recommend any UK talent? I'm always up for taking about music, as much as I like to talk about plants!

Sorry guys totally missed this. I would sujest checking out gnarwolves and bangers for the UK punk thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Back