• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emersed to Submersed growth

scottward

Hi Guys,

I have a few cuttings of H.Stricta "Mauve".

These cuttings were grown emersed.

I have simply planted the cuttings in my aquarium.

They have been in there about 2 weeks now, and other than quite a few of the leaves falling off, they haven't done anything else. They aren't rotting, nor are they growing.

I'm pretty sure that in the past emersed to submersed growth has kicked off a lot sooner than this.

Is there anything specific that I need to do to get them going? Should I deliberately pull leaves off leaving just the 'sticks'?

Tank is dosed with EI, CO2. All other plants doing well and I am familiar with the usual signs of CO2 instability.

If this were a CO2 related issue I would have expected the plant to rot by now (e.g. autofragmentation).

Do I just need to be patient with this plant?

Scott.

Hmmm. Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since I put them in, still no change.

I'm sure Stricta usually converts to it's submersed growth faster than this? I pulled up a bit of it last night and the bottom of the stems are turning a little white, but are otherwise still firm, no sign of any roots.

Just keep waiting?

Back