• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eloecharis Parvula and Acicularis

Aqua Hero

I'm having a weird problem. I'm finding it a lot easier to grow Eloecharis A way easier than Eloecharis P even though P has access to more flow, co2 and has good light the plant is stunned in growth. I end up buying new pots and batches of grass to replant but I still have this issue. Mind you it has been almost a month since I last replanted and still no where near as much growth as A.

Grass A is at the back of the tank with less flow and co2 but I end up trimming it 2-3 times a month. Grass P is grown in full Ada powder whereas Grass A is grown in a mix of sand and Aqua soil.

I did use h202 to treat the area with grass P a while ago. Could that have done something to the soil there? I don't mind buying one last pot of Eloecharis Parvula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon.

Guess what.. i have excelente growth with Parvula in the tank where there´s less flow and also Acicularis. But this doens´t mean nothing. Cause in the past in another layouts/assemblings i used to have both in various points of the tank and they does grow either no matter the flow. Of course In some parts of the tank better than others and at that time i was doing exactly as you are. Replant over and over. And no results till i find that light in some parts was not so much as in other parts and also i increase Co2 and try various positions of the Inflow and Outflow of the filter till i get the best flow in the tank. Homogeneous.

Planting over and over wouldn´t solve and let remains of roots along the substrate that will do no good as it will turn in waste down there.
I sugest you check other parameters of the tank, as i mention before. Try to Plant it more deep in the soil as i also did to. Plant it quite deeper in the soil till it remains just a shiny green on top . I got more results by doing this instead of planting as it is recommended.

If you do not have a Fertil Soil and only grain substrate you can also try to put some Fertil caps in that area just to figure out if the issue is fertilization. If so then you´ll have to check you fertilization according to lights and Co2 (Balance) cause it is not a matter of flow bringing nutrients there. You do have flow as you mention.

Still i have to say this. I notice more results but i push up Co2. I have a calibrated solution that by the manufacuter when the reagent is normal green it is suposed tohave 30 PPM in the tank. And this value should be more than enough according to what you can read everywhere.
But there we go.. i push up Co2 and the reagent is now almost transparent! And since then plants are perfect.

Big hug,

I see. Damn due to my stubbornness I bought another batch of grass with some root tabs.

But I have taken your message and I will do things that way from now on. Cheers

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Back