• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eleocharis Acicularis - Several months and doesn't appear to have rooted?

LancsRick

So in my Rio 180 I'm having good success with getting my riccia carpet to establish, and over the last few weeks it's steadily growing in - another couple of months and I should have a full carpet (it's low tech). Good news.

What isn't quite so good news is the way I'm struggling with the ele. acic. Although it seems healthy and happy enough in the tank, it just won't root for some reason. I keep finding more and more plants floating around, with no real root growth on them. Any suggestions as to the issues?

Fauna: Amano and red cherry shrimp, otocinclus
180l Rio, 1800lph flow, dosing all-in-one ferts weekly, T5 lights with 4 hour photoperiod. No algae issues.
Substrate is moller clay.

Cheers!

Have you tried planting them deeper into the substrate? And could it possibly be the shrimp pulling it out?

Mine was doing fine until after a trim, Now they all appear as though the are freshly planted in small bunces with some root showing. Any reason for that ?

I had it in a tank that was barely covered with sand as I underestimated the tank size for some reason. It rooted perfectly, spread and grew and the shrimp weren't pulling it for sure. But it didn't go well after I stopped the liquid carbon, although it had very good roots when I pulled it up. It didn't die, just wasn't as green anymore and looked crappy so in the bin it went.

Back