• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eigg

Would love to see no.4 in B&W. Also love no.12 (maybe a little contrast/d&b on the island for definition to balance with the dark sand markings)

Are you using split or full grads?

Would love to see no.4 in B&W. Also love no.12 (maybe a little contrast/d&b on the island for definition to balance with the dark sand markings)

Are you using split or full grads?

Yeah I almost went B&W with 4, it works equally well. Using screw in 4 and 10 stop B&W full ND filters (and a couple with them both stacked for 14 stops during the day). A couple of the shots are blends for different exposure/shutter speed between foreground and sky.

Split grads are a bit old school (like me with my Mamiya) but have great flexibility. I like using a polariser for the water and NDs for the sky when I'm shooting water. You get see through water and proper exposure of sunsets etc.

I know what you mean about worrying the light is elsewhere, but that's the motivator that gets me up the next day a 3am to get sunrise etc :rolleyes: Golden hour is ever elusive as I find many of my best images are taken when I see it and jump out of the car. A 'blue moon' (2nd full moon in a calendar month) at dusk over an ancient Indian settlement & circle in the desert in Western USA, tors in Peak District when it's a heavenly deluge but the sun is just right for 45 seconds, hummingbird feeding 2 chicks in a nest the size of a cadburys cream egg or the perfect light through the window with no internal lights for a portrait of my 91yr old grandmother. I've also been waist deep into snowmelt rivers and 30ft up a tree to get the right shot

The best camera is the one you have with you. I always have a DSLR in the car as I've missed too many opportunities.

Really admire your work.

You might like michael richmans site 'luminous landscape'

Back