• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ei dosing and no lights question

guyl

Seedling
In addition to my other post in the DIY section I had been dosing using the ei regime and using liquid carbon, i had started to see some nice growth after a week. Now that my main lights are kaput and I only have supplementary led lighting, presumably I should stop dosing until the lights are back on?
Thanks for any help
Guy

Hi,
This is an impossible question to answer because no on knows what the energy levels are of the supplementary lighting. Photos and a description of the new lighting level would help in the analysis.

Cheers,

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
It is 4 strips of (led smds)
http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.as ... mvcc=false
In rgb plus white, I just used them to help bring out the colours in the fish. On their own you can see clearly what is in the tank but I'd be very surprised if there was enough light to allow growth.
Tank is approx 50% planted
Guy

Hi,
The link doesn't work for me so I googled "led smds strip" and found samples like Environmental Lights.com which I assume is similar to what you have. If you can clearly see what's in the tank then that's plenty of light. If you are still adding CO2 via liquid carbon and you can clearly see the tank contents then you should keep dosing. You can maybe cut back the dosing levels by half or so but you need to de-program yourself away from thinking that plants need lots of light.

Cheers,

Back