• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ehiem micro skimmer 350 review.

Thanks Ady, that's what I'm going to do when it eventually arrives :)

I've installed it and it's running on the low setting. I had a few bubbles to start but that appears to have settled, the water is clear and my tank is 450L and it's works great in mine, very happy with it.

Hi im a newbie to keeping marine fish, i have just bought a fantastic tank but waiting and educating before i stock it. I have been looking at Skimmers and this one seems like no other i have seen. My question..... Does this do the same job as the much lager ones?

Hi im a newbie to keeping marine fish, i have just bought a fantastic tank but waiting and educating before i stock it. I have been looking at Skimmers and this one seems like no other i have seen. My question..... Does this do the same job as the much lager ones?
In short no.
This does a similar job to an overflow keeps the surface of the water clear.

Quote="OllieNZ, post: 338521, member: 3748"]In short no.
This does a similar job to an overflow keeps the surface of the water clear.[/quote]
Thanks, so there is a lot of options out there for Skimmers any recomendations? Price wont be an issue . I have the aqua one 550 with a sump i believe holds maybe 100 ltr

Thanks, so there is a lot of options out there for Skimmers any recomendations? Price wont be an issue . I have the aqua one 550 with a sump i believe holds maybe 100 ltr
Sorry cant help there. I know how they work from when I looked at setting up a marine but never looked into models. Trying one of the marine forums would be best or ask in the off topic section on here as there are a few reef and ex reef peeps about

thanks for a great review with good pics , will buy one when my pension check hits the bank ! would a small piece of foom in the top stop shrimp ect entering the skimer ?
well guess ill experiment and find out . thanks again for the review.

thanks for a great review with good pics , will buy one when my pension check hits the bank ! would a small piece of foom in the top stop shrimp ect entering the skimer ?
well guess ill experiment and find out . thanks again for the review.

One of the best ways seems to be a small circle of stainless mesh inside the top, just a small piece needed. I lost some of my treasured rainbows in it first day, and they were 2.5cm fish :( Since put mesh on no more casualties...

and sorry about the losses !

Yes they were hard to take, same for anything that would've have caught in there. But at least I learned quickly and the unit didn't get put back into service until a repeat incident was an impossibility.

Quick question. Can anyone tell me the diameter of the outlet pipe on these?

Need something to add a bit of flow to remove a couple if dead spots I have and haven't found a power head I'm happy with yet (too powerful).

Have looked at these to help remove the scum on the surface but also got thinking about adding a small spray bar on the outlet to diffuse the flow a bit.

2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

Back