• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Professional 4+ 350 - 2273 on 24 gallon, low flow?

Jack Reilly

I would have thought this would be a lot of flow for my sized aquarium, but it's still very low flow. Plants don't move and CO2 bubbles show very little flow in the tank.

This filter uses 16/22 mm tubing and I'm using a reducer for my 12/16mm lily pipes. How much would this reduce the flow ? I don't want to drop another 200+$ on new pipes if it won't solve the issue. I've also got the hydor 12/16mm heater on the outflow, would these significantly reduce the flow? I'd have to replace the heater too if I was to increase the in and outflow tubing sizes.

I'm using the cal aqua down facing lily and also wondering if that's part of the issue. It's a cube tank and the flow hits the wall near the bottom then seems to be absorbed and go no further.

Any input would be appreciated as I don't want to spend more money unnecessarily.

As filters can perform differently according to a number of criteria (e.g. type and amount of media - head height etc.) so the only way you are going to know for sure is by removing the restrictions and testing it yourself.

As filters can perform differently according to a number of criteria (e.g. type and amount of media - head height etc.) so the only way you are going to know for sure is by removing the restrictions and testing it yourself.
Argh. The only way I can remove the restriction is by, at a minimum, buying a new inline heater. I could use the supplied eheim inflow and outflow at 16/22mm ( though I already cut the tubing so maybe not). I was hoping someone had already been through this, using a reducer to go from 16/22 to 12/16. I would think it would be the same as using the inbuilt flow reducer and would reduce the flow, just not sure by how much.

I don't think it's the media as I'm using what was supplied in the trays.

Can you not just get a couple of meters of 16/22 pipe and atach it to your filter outflow back into your tank with no ristrictions on it,just to try it. If the flow improves there your answer.

Back