• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim 2128 or Fluval FX5

dhallam

Seedling
Right need a bit of advice i currentally have a Eheim 2128 Pro 2 Thermo that is fine i have no issues with it at all. When i first had my 320l tank it did come with a FX5 but i sold this to get the eheim 2128 as i wanted one with a intragated heater.
Now im leaning the other way back to the FX5 purely for more flow as i currentally have 2 powerheads and could get rid of one.
But the only thing that puts me off is the fack i would need an inline heater (struggle to fit fluval pipework) and also i have one of these that also fits nice on the eheim pipework for my co2, and it works very well.

So am i just being silly and stick with the eheim , or is the FX5 overall better?

any advice would be appreacated cheers.

Why not use the Eheim for the up aqua co2 atomiser and the inline heater and get the fx5 as well
I run a fx5 and a Eheim 2180
Matt

LondonDragon said:
I would be tempted to go for this one after the price reduction: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/filt ... eim/201838
:wideyed: .... Good find LD maybe tempted at this myself.

I'd have to agree with Matt, get the FX5 working alongside the Eheim. I take it you don't like equiptment in the tank hence the heater. This way you maybe able to get both powerheads out of the tank and have plenty of flow.

Toad

Back