• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eggs on glass of shrimp tank

Hi i saw some white eggs on the glass of my shrimp tank? I only have shrimps in there although i think i have a hitch hiker snail in there too. Are the eggs from the shrimps? Or snail? I didnt know either of these laid eggs on the glass? Was wondering if anyone else knew anything? Thank you. X

Snail eggs most likely. Shrimps don't leave eggs on glass they carry them.

That was what i thought. From what can see there is only one snail in there though. Must be a snail that can reproduce without other snails?

Yes most snails are <Hermaphrodite> that means they posses both sexual reproductive organs.. All snails actualy do afaik, but depending on the sp. such as the Viviparadae have both reproductive organs, but still need an other snail to reproduce. But these snails store semen a rather long time, once fertilized it can be stored for months and used for several egg depossites.. Than you buy 1 viviparadae and still end up with a bunch..

Shrimp will eat fish eggs. Will shrimp eat snail eggs too? If so, starve and don’t feed shrimp for a while.

Omg its an on going up hill battle with them i remove about 5 a day and i find another 5 later that day and its like that everyday. I have so many snails in a little carry case tank i dont know what to do with them lol. May end up being chicken food soon if they dont stop lmao

Back