• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Edge of life

scapegoat

I set this tank up summer of 2011 and and after recently joining the forum thought it could be worth sharing as I still have it going. The tank has evolved slightly as they do, so I will also post some pictures of how it come along, before ripping it apart to set up a larger aquarium.

fluvaledge1.jpg

cheers guys at the time there was just a few snails but it soon became home to a pygmy puffer, 2 bumble bee gobies an otto and a few shrimps amd micro crabs

I've just set up an Edge. Not as nice as this one though. Are you running CO2.
Lovely looking tank.
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the time I was running a co2 unit into the filter impeller along with upgraded bulbs and extra lighting which worked well as long as the balance was kept, at one point I had a nasty staghorn outbreak but also after a while it became very tricky to prune and maintain due to the small opening being the size it is. I therefore opted for slower growing plants and now have narrow java ferns, anubias petit and some java moss which get their carbon from flourish excel

Basically all the same plants that I've got in mine as of today. Got 3 pots of narrow leaf java from my local P@H yesterday to add in today. Sounds like a pain with the CO2. Will probably go the low tech route. I've got enough to do with the Rio180 I'm also running.
Check out my journals if you like

Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool I'll check them out, yes the co2 was a bit of a pain, i'll be using the system on my new tank and hopefully it won't be so fiddly

Nice looking tank. I'm going to get the 46L next month for my first real attempt at scaping. Think I'm going to need some careful planning bearing in mind the size of the opening. Low tech route for me too!

Back