• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echninodorus Argentinesis, E.barthii and Crypt Usteriana not growing

Even so, the situation is rather interesting in two aspects:
(1) The substrate is supposed to be a rich source of readily available nutrients. Apparently this does not solve all situations.
(2) I've got rather clumsy results with my Echinodoruses in soft acidic water. Now it seems that basic-alkaline water (with CO2 support) is not the remedy either.

Even so, the situation is rather interesting in two aspects:
(1) The substrate is supposed to be a rich source of readily available nutrients. Apparently this does not solve all situations.
(2) I've got rather clumsy results with my Echinodoruses in soft acidic water. Now it seems that basic-alkaline water (with CO2 support) is not the remedy either.
Well this is a bit different specie, Echinodorus Argentinesis. The regular Bleheri grows like a weed.

Well this is a bit different specie, Echinodorus Argentinesis. The regular Bleheri grows like a weed.

Yeap I have see those link.
My expectection when I bought it to get something like on the attached picture, but a bit taller.
Another question how to make Crypt Usteriana to grow, apparently for now only waiting.
1692100745121.jpeg

Crypt Usteriana is another slow grower!
Not sure what i can add to help increase growth for these plants!
Increase fertilizer?
What colour is the drop checker?
Lime Green, a little bit yellowish. So for now only waiting. I will wait 3 more months, lets see if it will help. If not I will put something other instead of it.

What is the tap water Nitrate ppm?
According to drop tests 0. In aquarium after fertilizer about 40 ppm.
Also maybe I need more light. I have 2 Zetlight Lancia-2 leds. Today I will add to the background one more Dennerle Trocal Led 160sm which has more lummens. Maybe it will help.

@GHNelson This one is actually E. palifolius mislabeled as E. argentinensis synonym of E. grandiflorus.
1469338F-0F1D-4CD1-AC58-9D9A3EDE6DDC.jpeg

That's a slightly contentious issue....if it was me I would dose the fertilizers 3 times per week!
That's what EI was based on.
okay from the next week, i will swithch to daily.
one more question, you suggest me to decrease micro 2 times. will it affect something?

Back