• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus recommendation

Fluxtor

Hi all, I have some amazon sword in my small 70l tank but its grown so long it shading everything else in the tank. It's also not growing so well with new leaves sometime going brown before they've developed. I guess the brown leaves are likely down to a deficiency of some kind? I am dosing with APT 1 and have fluval stratum as my substrate so maybe some root tabs would help?

I'm actually thinking of ditching them for a shorter more compact type of echinodorus so please could anyone recommend a suitable candidate? FYI I'm low tech so something easy preferably!

If it helps I think I currently have Echinodorus cordifolius 'Fluitans' but not 100% sure but something shorter than this would be great!

TIA

echinodorus parviflorus compacta (or tropica) is one of my favorite; unlike some of the grass like echinodorus this grows more like a low bush.

Back