• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy question

PARAGUAY

Had a couple basket strawberry plants in hanging baskets,still throwing
fruit out. Like to keep them going while next year, thinking a large container too over winter? Got small garden no real ground space,

They are hardy, you can move the hanging baskets somewhere a little sheltered if you want but not much point repotting them now - unless you want to move them to be somewhere else for next year. They'll die back for winter anyway and not do anything until spring.

I'm not sure about cultivated strawberries, I have no experience with this... But I have the wild strawberry (Fragaria vesca) all over the garden in the ground in pots and also in hanging pots. Somehow they are indestructible and survive about anything except severe drought... But they can suffer damage in pots from severe frost, to kill it it must be rather very cold. I guess this is something to judge for yourself during the coming winter if severe frost is forecasted for a longer period to take measures against it.

Back