"Dutch something or the other" 120 Gal

rebel

Yep some updates there. Facebook seems to have stolen a lot of interaction with forums. However I guess it also saves people like Tom some time by just updating Facebook rather than 10 different forums.
Fair call. It seems like I need to sign up to view his channel. Grrr...

maciekoril

Hi Tom,
Please update this amazing thread. I have noted on Facebook that your 120 gal scape is operating and I wonder what new rare plants you are now keeping in it actually.
Thank in advance

hogan53

Global Moderator
Staff member
Indeed....its time Tom!
Stop messing about with Manzy wood.....:lol:.....;)...... and give us a update!
Cheers
hoggie

plantbrain

Expert
I'm getting ready to break the tank down and redo it. Many of you know me for the wood, but I've been busy collecting some really nice rock locally here in California. I run and mountain bike a lot and many of the areas I've spotted rock that is very well suited. I'm thinking of several of these to give a specific flow to the tank design and switch the planting more of the rare and colorful plants to the other 70 gallon which I just set up.

Attachments

plantbrain

Expert
This rock is highly textured and has a green blue hue to a nice earthy brown. Mostly it is thin plate like, which is most useful and it can be cut and broken without too much effort. I have about 600 kg sitting here I've collect. I sold 300 kg off thus far. I mountain biked over it along a trail for a few years. It's just laying there. I hike up with a backpack and carry it down. 600 kg is a lot of weight to move 1.7 km each way down a mountainside. I make make enough to pay for the time and gas.........but not much more. But it's more for my own selfish wants.

Attachments

alto

Amazing stone!
- Private Land Treaty?

Laws here prohibit the removal of any plant or stone material (or anything really) from public lands