• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop Checker

belly259

Hi guys currently got my CO2 running through inline diffuser in fluval 125 litre tank, distributed through spray bar full length of rear of tank.

Drop checker in tank, but i cannot change the colour of the bromo in drop checker for trying ? co2 is on quite high and surely a 125 litre tank doesnt require tht much co2 its low/med planted ?

Any suggestions i have tried moving the co2 around tank too ???

it comes on 1 hour before lights, and yes im using in line diffuser so u can see very small bubble almost a little misty

yes 4dkh bromo blue, does it effect it if u fiil it to top of small ball on glass drop checker ?

there is surface movement but not to the extent where its causing ripples or bubbles, just rotation ?

If you are using bubble counter what is the rate?

One hour before light might not be enough. My 65l has minimal surface agitation, runs at around about 3bps but I need the gas on 3 hours before light to get a lime green DC.

You need to either up the injection rate or increase the time the Co2 is on before lights on. Personally I'd set the Co2 for 1.5 hours and see what happens. You can then increase the time if you need to. If it's still nowhere near lime green at 2.5 hours before lights then do very small increments to the injection rate. This is the most fiddly bit of co2 in my opinion.

Also, as Iain asked, do you have any fish?

no no fish yet pal, wanted to get the injection correct of co2 before adding fish, i will try putting it up to 2 hours before the lights, just checked before co2 went off and no change

yes i have micro bubbles, they almost creat a sort of white mist, the bar is at 2 .

on for longer and more of it, once dc is yellow then start to wind it back a little over the course of a week or so.
Any adjustment to co2 should be small otherwise co2 related algae will kick your a$$.

Your quids in with no fish as you can turn it right up with no risk, just dont fluctuate the levels too much, make adjustment and wait a day to see the difference... slowly slowly catchy monkey!

belly259 said:
yes 4dkh bromo blue, does it effect it if u fiil it to top of small ball on glass drop checker ?

there is surface movement but not to the extent where its causing ripples or bubbles, just rotation ?
Only half fill the 'ball' to give a larger surface area within the drop checker for better gas exchange to alter the reagents ph. If its full this will take much longer due to the smaller contact area and a larger volume of fluid to react with.
Cheerio,
Ady.

thanks ady was going to ask tht, as i put on for longer today and cant change still, will try this

hope it does as i have been trying for weeks to alter the colour, not seeing the best plant growth either

I agree with Ady, whenever I fill my drop checker to the top, it changes colour really slowly than if it's only half full. It probably takes 2 hours longer to change when full!

lol, mines not changed in weeks, im out of ideas, doesnt change when using normal diffuser or when running through inline diffuser arrrrrrr

Back