• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Draft for new scape

Wow, I want those stones, im trying to find similar here, they just dont match up.

I can send you one, freshly plucked from the swale in the scenic town of Richmond in the North Yorkshire Dales.

Postage will be a bitch though. :lol:

This looks great, look forward to real action.

I wouldn't worry about sliding substrate. My present scape is somewhat similar in structure and I have had no problems.

It is a matter of taste of course, but I find the look of low H. tripartita among stones to be wonderful. Can also recommend Riccia tied to small stones. Will not look so good for a month or so, but after a while they create a uniform lawn. Expect mess when pruning :).

Thomas

This looks great, look forward to real action.

I wouldn't worry about sliding substrate. My present scape is somewhat similar in structure and I have had no problems.

It is a matter of taste of course, but I find the look of low H. tripartita among stones to be wonderful. Can also recommend Riccia tied to small stones. Will not look so good for a month or so, but after a while they create a uniform lawn. Expect mess when pruning :).

Thomas
I am planning to put some Riccia in it (I had it before in one of my other tanks), but H. tripartite ( although I love it) I'm afraid that it will overgrow the stones and HC to much...but who knows, maybe I'll give it a go anyway

Martin, if you see the rocks I used for the clients 220 gallon, they are massive and you only see about 1/2, or even less in some cases.
Big whopping rocks, if you can get them. I usually dislike smooth river rock stones like these and the color, but......I think you did a great mock up.

Where can I see your 220 gallon tank, plantbrain?...I usually don't like those smooth stones either, because they look to much rivery, but I think these stones look more like weathered by wind and rain ....also I have seen some very nice scapes with those smooth stones so I thought to just give it a try.

Been busy this weekend...emptying the tank... cleaning stones...in other words, re-doing my tank
2013-12-01170552_zps89436244.jpg

Leave it like this for a few days and start planting it next weekend....

Back