1. You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. For more information click the following link: Cookie Usage

Dismiss Notice

Dou's Various Tanks (ADA 60P, Do!Aqua MiniM+Cube, 90x30x36, etc.)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Doubu, 24 Jul 2016.

1. CooKieS

CooKieS Member

Awesome landscape , I like the plant sélection!

Doubu likes this.
  2. alex08

alex08 Member

So, so nice! :wideyed:

Doubu likes this.
  3. zgmarkozg

zgmarkozg Member

all the tanks looks great!

Doubu likes this.
  4. Doubu

Doubu Member

75CM Beginning: The feeling and idea that I'm trying to create is that of the edge of a forest and the emergence of an open clearing. It's been freshly planted - with lots of plants originally grown emersed (so I'm expecting some melt... but hopefully not too much). There are also some background plants that you can't see - in a few months hopefully they grow up and fill out to give more of a "covered" feel. Of course... I am bound to change my mind a bit and move things around (along with adding or removing plants), typical me x).

X3FK18R.png

5. CooKieS

CooKieS Member

Stone placement can be better overall, especially in the front right.

Otherwise nice start, I really like the woods!

Doubu likes this.
  6. Doubu

Doubu Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm gonna remove the majority of the stones there actually, it's a bit too much everywhere after sitting on it. And going to move a couple pieces of wood too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Doubu

Doubu Member

75CM Adjustments - 4 hours later... I think I'm happy for now, may tweak a couple things here and there but I feel that it looks much more natural. I was hesitant to go all in but with a little nudge, I ended up snapping a lot of branches (thanks to a friend for providing feedback)... There's also actually a bunch of crypt balansae planted in the very far back - which I am envisioning to fill the top section and take up space/provide more cover. Still looking for the elusive ferns.

[​IMG]

Daveslaney and EdwinK like this.