• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing Pump opinion

I would consider at least three pumps, I have three DIY ones. One for macro, one for micro and other for liquid carbon.

I don't dose liquid carbon and use an all - in -one so I think a single will do me for now

This is quite a fast pump, even at its smallest of 15ml per minute. So unless you have a really monster monster tank, you really should be looking at something like 3ml per minute to allow finer control of dosing, as I assume you will be running off a timer of only minute accuracy. My dosing pump is 3ml per minute (liquid carbon is 1ml per minute) thus I turn it on for 7 minutes to dose 21ml every alternate day. Done.

Tank is 150 litre and I dose 15 ml per day. I can mix up to 2 litres in the container so my view was to test at 1 minute and adjust the dilution of the ferts if it's way out.
Do you have any problem with ferts dropping out of solution? I have a spare air pump that I was considering putting on a timer to give the solution a 'shake' every few days if necessary

No problem with even double strength dropping out of solution. Watch out about diluting micro and/all in one as it will go mouldy as diluting increases pH and stops the sorbate anti mould working.

Also unless a 3 or 4 roller pump you will need a one way valve to stop fluid draining back when pump is stopped.

Thanks for that, I'll keep am eye on it. I have some non return valves from my yeast CO2 days.

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

The pump has arrived. A word of warning for anyone considering it, at minimum dosing level it is outputing 25ml per min, not a huge problem for me but is definitely not a pump for anyone looking for precision

Back