• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dosing Excel

Luis Batista

hi all

i have a 26 gallons (100L) and have some BBA on the substract and in some leaves.
i have about 10 ottos, 10 amano´s, 5 Styphodon Ornatus and a pair of Ramirezzis, have other ones but this were my most sensitive fish.

This is my plants:
Cryptocoryne Green
Anubia sp. "Petite"
Alternanthera reineckii 'Pink' (roseafolia)
Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'
Micranthemum sp. "Montecarlo"
Pogostemon erectus
Echinodorus bleheri
Echinodorus "red diamond"
Ludwigia sp. Red
Flame Moss
Spiky Moss
Christmas Moss
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'

I have pressurize CO2 about 3/4 bps on a inline diffusor and im on E.I dosing...

Seachem recommend 1 capful (5 mL) for every 40 L (10 gallons) and then 1 capful for every 200 L (50 gallons) daily or every other day.

So, for the Excel act like a algicid, we have to overdose it but what is the dose to overdose?
icon_smile.gif

The 5ml for 40L or the 5ml for 200L?

I start yesterday dosing 15ml, dont see any fish gasping so i dose another 15ml today.

Already see some BBA turn pink/red...

Should i continue to dose 15ml?
Should i dose more or less?
For how long?
Have i some plants suitable of melting with Excell?

Thanks...

Last edited:
i,ve been researching and indeed the 15ml is a about the inicial dose after a W.C that Seachem recommend to my 100L, not to dose it on a daily basis
Tomorow will decrease the dose to 10ml for not taking the risk that some part of the dose being there tomorow and start to build up to toxic levels...

Back