• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Does I feed too much?

eminor

Hello, i have a tank with 6 corydoras, and 1 small bristlenose pleco (1.5 inches) i give 1 pellet every day of tetra chips, is it too much? thx

Attachments

• 713QVtMQmuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    713QVtMQmuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 349339393_1286354668984550_1334216081198255432_n.jpg
    349339393_1286354668984550_1334216081198255432_n.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 73
To be fair these probably still have quite a lot of protein in them, most ‘algae’ wafers contain very little algae. Personally I wouldn’t feed wafers to corydoras, they’re fine for your bristlenose but I’d recommend a very small stick or a small granule, corys seem to prefer these aswell as some frozen or live food a couple of times a week. You should ideally be feeding a variety of foods.

Cheers

With Bristlenoses it's nice and easy to judge if they're getting enough food, their belly goes concave if they're underfed and they get a little pot belly if they're over fed. When the pleco's on the glass get a look at its belly.

Corydoras should be slightly outwardly curved on the bottom without looking bloated. (without species it's hard to be more specific)

Thanks guys

To be fair these probably still have quite a lot of protein in them, most ‘algae’ wafers contain very little algae. Personally I wouldn’t feed wafers to corydoras, they’re fine for your bristlenose but I’d recommend a very small stick or a small granule, corys seem to prefer these aswell as some frozen or live food a couple of times a week. You should ideally be feeding a variety of foods.

Cheers
i have tetra tabimin for cory but i don't know how much to feed, and it pollutes the water a lot compared to wafers
With Bristlenoses it's nice and easy to judge if they're getting enough food, their belly goes concave if they're underfed and they get a little pot belly if they're over fed. When the pleco's on the glass get a look at its belly.
The bristlenose belly is not concave, he eats at least 1/4 of a pellet everyday
Corydoras should be slightly outwardly curved on the bottom without looking bloated. (without species it's hard to be more specific)

I have corydoras pepper, they have nice colors and belly seems bloated a bit

Thanks guys

i have tetra tabimin for cory but i don't know how much to feed, and it pollutes the water a lot compared to wafers

The bristlenose belly is not concave, he eats at least 1/4 of a pellet everyday

I have corydoras pepper, they have nice colors and belly seems bloated a bit
You haven’t got many fish and you also have a substrate which will trap uneaten food and pollute which is abit of an issue. I always go with sand as uneaten food can’t get trapped in this.

Half a tabimin every couple of days would probably be enough.

What size tank is this? And will you be adding anymore fish?

You haven’t got many fish and you also have a substrate which will trap uneaten food and pollute which is abit of an issue. I always go with sand as uneaten food can’t get trapped in this.
Yes fish poop goes in the soil with clay, with such big team of cleaner, most food are eaten i think
Half a tabimin every couple of days would probably be enough.

What size tank is this? And will you be adding anymore fish?
30+ gallons, 10 cardinal tetras, 6 cory, 1 bristlenose pleco, shrimps, no other fish will be added

Last edited:
Back