• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Does c02 cause BBA in areas of high concentration?

NOOBSCHOOLBUS

Seedling
Hi, just a quick question. I have noticed that in the side of my tank where I have my co2 diffuser that the area is getting a little bit of BBA. It is concentrated on the areas where the co2 bubbles are sometimes pushed down onto them by the outflow of my filter. My diffuser is only maybe 1 inch above the substrate because I want the co2 bubbles to have as much time to diffuse as possible, but if this is causing my small outbreak I will raise it slightly.
I had the same issue with my previous scape, the exact same spot developed BBA and even after the rescape it came back after 2-3 weeks in the same spot. Any ideas would be appreciated, my tank is otherwise algae free so it seems a little strange, the filter and substrate have been cycled and used for 6-7 months.

Sorry if I should have posted this in the algae forum, I was unsure where it belonged.

The time i used a in tank co2 diffuser the ceramic was always green while the rest of the tank was algae free. SO it definitely loves co2 as well, i guess BBA also doesn't mind.. A bit contradictive usualy it's stated that not enough co2 increases algae growth.. But after all, also algae is a plant.. I still have a bit BBA in my high tech tank on slow growing plants near the surface i see the most in high flow areas. This is something i keep easily at bay with some spot treatment with peroxide and spraying it during a water change. :) I don't worry to much about it..

Back