• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I need ferts?

Hi all,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in ferts or substrate lol. It's basically to ask how long the nutrients in a substrate such as ADA Aquasoil will last, and whether or not fert dosing is absolutely essential in a tank containing only Monte Carlo for example.

Many thanks,

Chris

Chris
All I can add to that is only buy quality ferts otherwise all you are doing is throwing your money away. One brand I never did like "It's as good as and its cheaper" often sold at the LFS

Keith:wave::wave:

You should start dosing from day 1. Especially the Traces and K. Check ADA's articles on this subject, they explain everything quite thoroughly.

I don't know why I didn't get any notifications for this threat but thank you everyone for your responses.

Last edited:
I don't know why I didn't get any notifications for this threat but thank you everyone for your responses.

You will only get a notification of reply if they quoted your post. I don't know if there is a way to change that but on more popular threads it could get a bit much with notifications popping off all the time.

Back