• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Do!Aqua CO2

NeilW

Hello all.

Been a long time since I last posted but decided to potentially bite the bullet with a pressurised CO2 setup after experimenting with EasyCarbo, low tech and yeast based CO2.

I'm looking at the Do!Aqua CO2 as a complete solution. I know thats controversial :lol:

Before I go spending mega-bucks I wanted to see if anyone knew the thread sizes just to see if there were any compatible refills. I have a friend who works in a cycle shop that sell CO2 in diddy bottles for emergency tires inflation and wanted to see if it may work as a long shot. I believe they use the standard UK size.

Thank you kindly for your help in advance

P.S Loving the new green forum theme

It's nothing against Do!aqua, but I would personally stay away from any pressurizes system as small as this one. You'll spend a fortune buying those little CO2 recharges. Get something larger IMHO

I think it really depends on the size of your tank and your budget. I'm running a system that uses 16g cartridges on my 60ltr and I go through about 3 or 4 a month. But I put it all together for around £30 you could put a bigger setup together for a lot less than what you will pay for that kit with much larger canister

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for your advice. The tank is only 11 litres. The refills come in 6 packs @£26. Wpuld go through 2 a month, tenner a month isn't bad for a tank? I spend £30 on my phone bill haha 🙂

Thank you for your advice. The tank is only 11 litres. The refills come in 6 packs @£26. Wpuld go through 2 a month, tenner a month isn't bad for a tank? I spend £30 on my phone bill haha 🙂
Personally I don't think so but im sure some would argue. I think anything bigger would look pretty silly next to a tank that size 😉

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back