• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY Ferts Auto Dose System

Finally got mine hooked up at the weekend and been dosing EC with it just before lights go on and what a difference that has made to the tank!! Used to dose before going to work at 8am or when I got home at 6pm and it didn't really do much for the tank, now in just under a week I am noticing a great improvement in the plants! :)

Something else I loose out on again, having a 3 tank triptych lol just wouldn't be a able to find the cash to do this on all three.. I wonder if there was a way I could rig the system?

Cheers! Jack :)

Something else I loose out on again, having a 3 tank triptych lol just wouldn't be a able to find the cash to do this on all three..
Shame Williamson pumps don't make a motor unit with a longer drive shaft so that you could attach more than one pump head, thus you could dose all 3 tanks at the same time for £34 (single pump) + 2 x £8 (pump heads). You could always ask ?

It is possible to double up the heads. I'll ask them if 3 would be feasible.
I've just ordered a single head on it's own to try out with a different motor combination. Could be an interesting little project.

Don't suppose you got a picture of the pump and motor before you put it into the case ?
If you click on the first link in the quote you used,that will take you to the web page with a pic of the pump

I will be definitely be purchasing a second pump for the ferts! The dosing at 0.5ml per minute is so fine that you can basically put the cable in a 250ml bottle if you want to!

What I did for the EC so I don't leave the bottle open and exposed to air cause this thing sits in the living room, I made two holes in the cap of the bottle, one for the hose and the other for a non return valve, so that when liquid is being pumped out the bottle can get some air in and not squeeze inwards! if that makes sense!

If you click on the first link in the quote you used,that will take you to the web page with a pic of the pump

Ok, thanks. I'd seen the pictures on the Williamson site previously. Wondered if there was a different angle :)

Plans are forming, will put something up when they've evolved a little.

Well it's definitely worth looking into the 3 tank jobby, my knowledge on is is bar none so I may be asking a few people questions in the future.!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Well it's definitely worth looking into the 3 tank jobby, my knowledge on is is bar none so I may be asking a few people questions in the future.!
You can buy a larger box and mount 3 pumps into the same box :p with a single plug!

Here it is, just need to buy some airline tube to connect the bottle then its all set to go ;)

201301121957382.jpg

This is very accurate dosing, so I will be purchasing another another one, one for ferts the other for EC.

I think i might need to see a therapist as i find that quite sexy:lol:

How much will it cost to do this over three tanks?
The Williamson pumps are £34.83 each, so x3 = £104.45 + VAT -> £125.35 and that's just for the pumps. Also need box, time, piping, containers, leads and switch....

amazing pump.. looks really good.. the switch, does it come with the pump, or you buy separate.. ?
Its all separate, got the box, switch and mains lead from maplins! You don't actually need the switch, just makes it easy for testing or if you want to turn it off without touching the plug/timer.

maybe ill just do it myself... A nice addition but seems to be too expensive for something that I can do manually :)
I keep forgetting to dose mine, so with a pump you are always guaranteed the same amount at the same time of the day, if you are on holidays you don't have to worry either as long there is enough in the bottle :p

Back