• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Disposable CO2 cylinders

philyoung

Does anybody know if the disposable welding cylinders fit the JBL regs please? Struggling to find anywhere to do refills locally and dont think I can fit an FE in the available space. Will be for a 140l tank. Thanks

Phil

Thanks Sam, how many different threads are there for CO2 bottles then? FE & refillables are DIN477, the welding cylinders are 1/8" BSTP (I think!) and the JBL disposables are metric are they?

I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest set up costs, would like guages and a solenoid but don't want running costs to get too out of hand.

Phil

the tmc disposable and paintball tanks are cga320, another option for you thats is small an easily filled. can get an adapter that is cga320 to din477 so can swap to FE at later date.

27042011050.jpg

paint ball tanks? what are they? how do you get them refilled? Sorry for all the questions.

Phil

the tank in the picture above, they are used on paintball guns. so any paintball site could fill it for you. I used them for ages used to fill them at work though so don't know what would be charged to fill them.

I think a relook at the FE otion is require. May require a bit of cupboard surgery to fit. Checked at LFS for refillable cylinders but the cylinders are eye wateringly expensive and a refill takes a week and costs more than a new FE. I don't quite follow how it can cost more to refill a cylinder than to buy a whole new FE - someone making lots of money I guess!!

Back