• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discus tank

f1mark

hi I'm new to planted tanks I have a 360L Discus tank with a few amozon swords. I'm wanting to plant the tank it has a sand substrate and I don't really want to change it what would be the best way to do this. Any help with plant types and fertilisers that would suit this set up would be great

Seen examples with Plants on wood or stone. Thinking higher temperature is the consideration though, I think George Farmer did Discus shop display tank not long ago article in PFK if you can locate it.Maybe,most do this, Tropica or somebody will have plant collections for Discus, another thing you could consider

There's a 10ft planted Discus tank at the Maidenhead shop in Bolton. Heading there on Tuesday, so will see if I can get a few pictures.

If you don't plan to add CO2, then plants like Anubias nana, Microsorum ferns, common Crypts, Helanthium tenellum, Vallis species will be your friends. Dosing EI would be sufficient. You can also insert some root tabs under plants like swords and crypts.

Iv ordered the discus collection from plants alive it comes with root tabs but what fertilisers would you recommend

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back