• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dirty plants , and dont know WHY???

ashcarter89

Hi there guys , and girls.

Ive been wondering about this for a while and it seems to be that every scape that i have my plants get very dirty. The new growthis lush green but half way down the plant it gets very dirty , this is happerning on my sp green , myriophyllum mattogrossense, and starting to happen on my ricca .

I have 2 filters running a fluval 305 , and an eheim 2028, and a koralia 1600 all on a 200 l tank , i does ei and i do a 50% water change every week , does anyone know where im going wrong becasue its very annoying ??????

would really appreciate any advise

i have got lime green on the bubble checker co2 comes on two hours before lights on and an hour before they go off and im running 2 30w T8'2, and 2 39w T5's.

any info would be great

ash

Might be a diatom bloom, guess you misspelled and wanted to say that the drop checker is lime green.
Make sure you used in the drop checker 4dKH water for accurate reading, make sure also that the drop checker is away from the diffuser.

You can stop for now the 2x30w T8s and try and syphon the dirt using an air tubing, a couple of water changes and it will be sorted in a couple of weeks. If it's still an issue you might have to switch the lights to 2x30W only and aim for better CO2 distribution all over the tank.

Hope it helps,
Mike

I think there is a good flow in the tank. but it could be as at the moment i have two spray bars and there at both ends facing inwards with the koralia flowing from one end to the other , i have turned off the t8 for the moment and have done a large water change today and will do another tomorrow and we will see if it starts to clear up. and sorry for the mis wording and i did mean the drop cheack , many thanks guy i am learing alot from everyone :)

Is it dirt? Or algae?

I used to get this but only in my tanks where I didn't use co2 or have high flow.

Im pretty sure its dirt because its affecting the lower parts of the plants

ashcarter89 said:
...I think there is a good flow in the tank. but it could be as at the moment i have two spray bars and there at both ends facing inwards with the koralia flowing from one end to the other...
This produces bad flow...extremely bad flow.

Cheers,

Back