• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffuser positioning with a HOB filter

Eboeagles

Ive looked on the forum to see if I can find a thread about the above and I cant see one. So here goes...

Currently my diffuser (I'm using a TMC aquago expert set) is positioned below my HOB filter (an Azoo Mignon 150) in my 20L Dennerle and I'm not really seeing much growth improvement. I've recently just upped the lighting and I know I've had some lighting issues which I'm dealing with, but what Im wondering is, is this positioning the most efficient possible with a HOB filter?

Looking around it seems that if I had an external filter the optimum place for it would be opposite the outflow pipe. Am I correct to assume this position will be the same for use with a HOB?

The Mignon seems pretty good to me and when I have the Co2 on I have it on full flow and it seems to reach all around the tank (I've chucked some food in and watched it swirl all around the tank). As for Co2 distribution, some bubbles seem to go up the intake but the majority get pushed around by the outflow.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Phil

Hi,

Having the CO2 diffusor under the HOB so that the bubbles go up the intake is a good way to ensure that the CO2 is dissolved in the water. However, some people say that this may have a negative effect on the HOP impeller in the long term.

I have HOB myself and put the diffusor in the opposite corner. The flow produced by the HOB goes down along the glass and pushes the bubbles down spreading them through the entire tank. It works fine for me.

cheers,

GM

gmartins said:
Hi,

Having the CO2 diffusor under the HOB so that the bubbles go up the intake is a good way to ensure that the CO2 is dissolved in the water. However, some people say that this may have a negative effect on the HOP impeller in the long term.

I have HOB myself and put the diffusor in the opposite corner. The flow produced by the HOB goes down along the glass and pushes the bubbles down spreading them through the entire tank. It works fine for me.

cheers,

GM

2nd that. I have mine by the intake and it works well, just bought an eBay. Bar type mist atomiser though, yet to use it

Back