• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DFS

bugs

If I'm looking for quality I head for John Lewis...

However, I'm in the market for a couple of leather sofas and can't quite bring myself to ignore the silly cheap prices at DFS (I could get two for less than the price of the one of the ones I'm looking at in JL). I vaguely recall hearing horror stories with DFS but just wondered if anyone has any experience? Quality or product and service/reliability?

Cheers

Cheap and cheerful with a short life expectancy. I only learnt recently that their sale products are cheapo products especially made for the sales.

Unless you're strapped for cash go to John Lewis or another respectable store and buy a decent one as it will last years longer.

James

JamesC said:
Cheap and cheerful with a short life expectancy. I only learnt recently that their sale products are cheapo products especially made for the sales.

That's what I expected - in particular your 2nd point...

I've never used them, nor do I know anyone who has, hence the question. Makes it ever more difficult when I'm more than familiar with JL product quality.

I must of been lucky then?!

But then I've got a big leather 3 seaters and a footstool and it wasn't "cheap" at all. Although, I think their proper "sale cheap" did look a bit iffy.

In addition, there's only me in the house so I don't have kids/pets jumping all over it and so I have taken care with it - as I'm still paying for it!

I'm sure they're better quality furniture places out there but for the style and price I'm a happy bunny.

That totally differs from my view of MFI, who were a right pain in the...

we have 2 sofa's and a huge chair from DFS, couple of small problems, but all were sorted quickly

for the money we paid not bad, JL would have been 3x the price, are they really 3x the quality? I doubt it

JOHNNY

How about someone else's 1 year old quality sofa/suite off ebay and then get one of the couriers that also advertise on there to collect it. Money saving there.

Or do what I did and get it second hand for free off dondumpthat which is a local recycling site for not wanted items. There is also freecycle as well.

Andy

LondonDragon said:
Have a look in IKEA! Got mine there, prices are good and the quality is not bad! I am happy with it ;)

Just had an IKEA sofa arrive today. Leather and very nice. Looks very solid and well put together, so far...

Back