• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project Desktop Pico/Mini Acrylic Tank

Amazing stuff, I was wondering what the tiny grill in the top right hand side at the back is for?
The idea is that it's a bit like a skimmer/ overflow to balance the water levels. It doesn't quite work in practice, but helps a bit. In the initial design, the pump inlet was so high, that the water had to be topped up regularly. The issue with this was that due to the slight difference in water level (from low pressure sump to tank), i found it was nearly overflowing the main tank side. So this small inlet, and mounting the pump lower (via the silicone tube) helps.
do you have a CNC machine that you use to cut all your acrylic out or do you get it cut for you?
It's all laser cut, you may notice a slight angle on the cut edge, due to the laser focus and refraction. I'm lucky in that I have access to a laser cutter, have looked at getting my own, maybe one day! Laser cutting has the advantage of being very quick and almost no waste (beam is 0.1 width)

I'll send you the code I wrote. I selected LEDs with a 3.3v forward voltage, then used a 5v to 3.3 regulator, which is switched to the LEDs by the MOSFET.
Would you mind sending me the code as well? My other half is very interested in it.

Back