• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Desk lamp vs rgb led

Nigel95

How does it come that multiple desk lamps that I use give a nicer color (IMO) than my rgb led (aquatlantis).

My monte Carlo and helianthum tenellum looks better under desk lamps (better green). Can someone explain me why this is? The kelvin and cri are the same.

Bestand_18_07_17_16_00_36.jpg

upload pic
Bestand_18_07_17_16_00_46.png

upload pic
Bestand_18_07_17_16_00_56.jpg

upload pic
Bestand_18_07_17_16_01_05.jpg

upload pic

To replicate a certain color in RGB you need mix each color in x %.. When it comes to create these colors with RGB led light, you lose intensity, the further away the object is from the light source will likely have even less intensity in color. For example see this RGB color chart.
http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorper.html

Now if you have an RGB led unit giving 800 lumen with all colors at 100% intensity which reflects as cool white.. Then if you want to create a yellowish color with this take for example Bright Gold you need to mix rgb (85%, 85%, 10%), there you loose quite some percentage of light intensity and also color intensity in comparison with an 800 lumen 2700K desklamp.

As long as you have enough RGB intensity you can about replicate about any color you like. :)

Back