• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deficiency or Algae?

I really like the Rhodophyta on the rock also, some of the inhabitants like it also because it looks like it is being grazed upon and thus being kept in check, way more palatable than BBA I’ll bet!

Don’t change the ferts they’re still good, it might be worth picking up an Iron test kit and doing some daily testing over a week or so with data points for ‘before lights on’ ‘midday’ and ‘after lights off’, then you can see if there are any periods where Iron could be dropping very low (if at all) and then make adjustments after working out the trend. Reducing the light will also reduce the chance of Iron dropping out because it’s associated chelate photo degrades.

Small issues here and there but you’re tank still looks lovely, keep up the good work!

:)

Your EI is good and lower light will make a balance with Co2 easier to hit.
I've switched the to using just the Aquasky so I can use the ramp up and down feature, red blue green and white are all at 85%. They were on 100% by the way. Will this be too dim now? To be honest up to 100% doesn't seem to make that much difference anyway but thought it might help?!

Air pump is set on the timer to run through the night and up until co2 comes on and the surface skimmer is now on a timer to only run along side the co2. Step one underway so fingers crossed!!
Up to you, but if you fancy a wedge of bolbitis to replace the one you had in the middle again give me a shout.
That would be great, very kind of you :) I have wedged some trident fern in its place but I'd much rather the Bolbitis. Thank you matey

Can't come close to Geoffrey's offer but have a few stems of ceratopteris thalictroides
That's also very kind of you, Thank you. I'll send over a message shortly.

Cheers guys I really appreciate this, What a great forum to be a part of 😍

Thanks @X3NiTH I wasn't really wanting to change the ferts and I definitely wasn't questioning your work by the way...just throwing that out there!
Is there a particular test you'd recommend?

Cheers 🙂

Back