• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cutting a plug off a heater

ChrisP

Hi all, I just bought a JBL Protemp s150 heater and it has turned up with a euro style plug. Does anyone know if it will invalidate the warranty if I cut it off? I have contacted JBL but so far no response.

Have you checked that it's the right voltage? I think most of Europe uses the same as us, but I would check it's OK before plugging it in. :)

Go for the adapter as easier and if your have to claim under warranty you will not have "modified" it.

On saying that I put have put UK plugs on some of my gear as UK plugs are often smaller than adapters, as some adapters are too wide and block adjacent sockets on 4 way extension leads. And why not...If I ever had to claim under warranty would argue they supplied incorrect plug so I correct this....

Thanks all I'll go with an adapter. I currently have it plugged in to one of those shaving style adapters but it doesn't fit very well. You have to angle it a bit to make a connection. So tempted to just cut the bugger off though

Back