• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Current build status of my nano tree stump

castle

Started building a desktop nano; which will only be seen from the front and angled left. Plan is to be lighting planted, primarily using moss and some small epiphytes

Anyway, lightings a little poor but you should be able to get the idea šŸ‘Œ

IMG_5778.jpeg

IMG_5779.jpeg

I wanted to have this ā€œover hang conceptā€

IMG_5780.jpeg

Finally, I carved out the bottom to hide the pump for the trickle fountain to come up through the centre. A 500mm 10mm drill bit did the pipe line.

IMG_5781.jpeg

Photos ainā€™t doing it justice but it looks nice in person šŸ˜Š

Tries an image with the normal lights onā€¦

IMG_5783.jpeg

Gravel is ā¤ļø (note, gravel comes from in-laws garden!)

Last edited:
Went for it after work today, mostly planted up and the shenanigans of getting that wood to attach to the stone. The stone the wood rests on was very heavy and the angle to glue left me no choice but to remove the wood and glue outside of the tank.

IMG_5797.jpeg

IMG_5798.jpeg

IMG_5799.jpeg

A bit of a mare, I covered the glue with some dark sand to try and hide as much cotton pad as I could.

Then I prepared the fissindens (thanks @palcene) I did this by nutri-bulleting it with about half an egg cup of water:

IMG_5800.jpeg

IMG_5801.jpeg

After this, I painted on some mossy waterā€¦

IMG_5803.jpeg

Like that tbh.

IMG_5805.jpeg

Finally added some teeny anubias to some of the cracks to the wood, however I have moved one since that image šŸ˜…

Now I must mist for a couple of weeks. Planning to add a single crypt spiralis tiger on the right and left, with probably one last anubias addition rear front left. Itā€™ll be slightly bare planted but thatā€™s ok with this one.

Back