• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cryptocorynes

Mattant1984

Having issues with a couple of my crypts, leaves have started to go yellow and some are getting holes. They have been in the tank for a few months and fine up till now.

Please see pic

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20220902_181313.jpg
    20220902_181313.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
Advice as above really. New growth on the crypts looks ok to me and I'm assuming you're still using tnc complete for fertiliser?
I am John yes, I am dosing 700ml per week plus root tabs however I am wondering if I should add more tnc as my nitrates are at almost zero withing a few days

I am John yes, I am dosing 700ml per week plus root tabs
Whoooo tnc are going to love you dosing their product in a 700L tank £££££ lol.

I don't think you need to add any more mate, especially considering you're adding root tabs. Here's what's being added every week.
Screenshot_20220902-191815_Chrome.jpg

Possibly a bit light on iron but I reckon it's enough for low tech. Potassium, mmm lots of that.
For a tank this size you definitely need to look into dry salts, it will save you a fortune mate.
I don't have the time atm to post any links to diy ferts but have a read in the aquarium fert dosing threads.
Failing that somebody will steer you in the right direction.

Edit: 700ml a week? You're adding way to much, that wants reducing by at least 50 %.
That's what happens when you rush, 250ml a week is plenty for that tank @Mattant1994 sorry for the confusion.
Screenshot_20220902-193328_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

I don't think you need to add any more mate, especially considering you're adding root tabs. Here's what's being added every week.

View attachment 193784

Possibly a bit light on iron but I reckon it's enough for low tech. Potassium, mmm lots of that.
For a tank this size you definitely need to look into dry salts, it will save you a fortune mate.
I don't have the time atm to post any links to diy ferts but have a read in the aquarium fert dosing threads.

Edit: 700ml a week? You're adding way to much, that wats reducing by at least 50 %
Thanks John, I was thinking I was using quite a bit lol.

I do agree I need to look into the dry ferts so will take a look into them.

View attachment 193784

Edit: 700ml a week? You're adding way to much, that wants reducing by at least 50 %.
That's what happens when you rush, 250ml a week is plenty for that tank @Mattant1994 sorry for the confusion.
View attachment 193788
Sorry John

My mistake as well it was meant to say 70ml per week lol. Blimey 700ml would be a serious amount 🤣🤣

Back