• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypt identification please

Aqua360

Hi guys,

Trying to identify the below! I believe it's a crypt, just not sure exactly which, if anyone can confidently identify please?
PXL_20240211_120842855.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all, have never really gone in heavy on crypts but now is as good a time as any

Good morning all,
I was always predominantly South American biotype until my last scape which is SE Asian inspired and is mainly Crypt and Buce (with a little bit of Anubias) and has now been running for almost 3 years. One of the first things I learnt in my endeavor is the classification of Crypts is a notorious minefield with all the cultivars, the problem lying in mislabeling and also misidentification right back to the nurseries. From AG I bought two pots on separate occasions of Parva one Tropica and one Aquadip, the Tropica plants grew slowly to around 5 cm and I later decided to extend the patch with the Aquadip specimens and they grew quickly to around 20/25cm in the same area (front, middle) dwarfing and outgrowing the Tropica resulting in me having to pull the lot out.
That's just one of a few experiences I've encountered along this line.
Cheers!

Back