• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my scape!

ILikeScaryThings98

Set up for 2 months, stocked with 11 cardinals, 5 green neons and 10 Pygmy Corys. Tank is 20 gallons

Attachments

• IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 140
nice tank, the rocks on the left look great. on the right it looks like multiple rocks are lined up front to back? it lacks a bit of interest and that makes the tank look less balanced in my opinion.
I also think the scape would benefit from a midground plant around the rocks, making a more gradual transition from the carpet to the vallisneria. Otherwise it is a really nice and healthy looking tank, well done!

nice tank, the rocks on the left look great. on the right it looks like multiple rocks are lined up front to back? it lacks a bit of interest and that makes the tank look less balanced in my opinion.
I also think the scape would benefit from a midground plant around the rocks, making a more gradual transition from the carpet to the vallisneria. Otherwise it is a really nice and healthy looking tank, well done!
Cheers dude!

Afraid I can't help feeling sorry for the fish in Iwagumi Aquariums, must be like being in the California sun all day with your shirt off. Is it a cardinal sin to add a few floating plants?
Tank on the whole looks nice though!

Afraid I can't help feeling sorry for the fish in Iwagumi Aquariums, must be like being in the California sun all day with your shirt off. Is it a cardinal sin to add a few floating plants?
Tank on the whole looks nice though!
they have the shade of the rocks and the Valis, that's where the cory's chill mostly

must be like being in the California sun all day with your shirt off
Is that really so? The intensity of sun light is much higher. I'd like to know how the fish feel about it.
That said, I agree and I'm sure the fish would be happy for some shaded zones.

Back