• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Couple of plant id's

Anthony89

Im looking for the names of a couple of plants, to research requirements. First one I think is some sort of crypt.

20130612_183945.jpg

Second one, I havent a clue what it is. Ive had it for months, it was once a massive bush, but I had an algae bloom and was left with one stem. Its recently started to grow!. But only at the very tip, and the very bottom. Theres about a 30cm section of stem with no leaves at all.

20130612_183934.jpg

Thanks.

First one is a crypt, my guess would be wentii 'tropica' or possibly mi oya.

Second one is hard to tell from the pic (Heteranthera zosterifolia maybe) but its in need of either less light or more co2 or both which is why it has dropped all its leaves. Cut the heathy tops off, replant and correct the light/co2/flow issue and it will bush up again. :thumbup:

First is Crypt., but def. not 'tropica' - I'vegrown this, it's very recognisable by the darker coloration of mid-leaf. Sorry, I can't remember name.
Second is quite surely Hyg. corymbosa 'angustifolia'........ and yes, in need of better conditons *s*
Mick.

Thanks lain. Been using excel for the past 5-6 weeks, and will continue to do so until I get a co2 setup. Im dosing seachem flourish 2 times a week as per instructions on the bottle. Thinking about purchasing the ei dry salts starter. This would greatly help this plant I assume? Would liquid carbon be sufficient to use with the ei starter kit?

On closer look your Crypt. might actually be a C. wendtii green ( there are several different sold under this name - at least on of'em tends to get a little dark colourationn on mid-leaf )

Back