• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Could you offer me some advice

My cardinals last years in 22GH water, along with plants. Better to work with the,water you have than complicate things.

I agree with Iain, Ian and sparky. I kept cardinals in my 6 foot low tech tank. Used to use ro water at 28 degrees. they did ‘ok’.

When I broke this tank down I donated them to Dave at aquarium gardens, so were then in really hard water and much more heavily planted tank at the technically incorrect temp for cardinals of 23 degrees.
Within a couple of hours they looked fantastic. I’d never seen them look so good. They’ve looked brilliant over the last 8 months (they are old fish as well). It goes against all the books.

Just my opinion but a heavily planted tank with healthy plants does a lot more for fish’s health than lots of people credit.

. I’d never seen them look so good. They’ve looked brilliant over the last 8 months (they are old fish as well). It goes against all the books..

I've had a few similar things happen over the years.
I suppose it's my own fault, because one thing a still haven't managed to achieve is teaching my fish to read. :)

Back